Saturday 8 August 2009

(8th of August 111YC) Like a moth to Wolf-Rayets...

Ok so, like, the corporation I'm in are a bunch of ex-killers turned gallente boy-band singers... the money is hot but I feel like we've sold out or something.

Seriously though, I'm beginning to think I need to go back to piracy, but the money here is way too alluring. I've been a lazy bitch all my life. Hell! Even before I became a pod-pilot I was lazy. I used to spend summer wind-surfing on lake Cahnthajisa on Leurtmar IX under a rose coloured sky and every evening was spent partying with the antifrat-boy crowd. I even put my hair in dreads like those of Brutor descent often did, as my hair became too annoyingly tangled from the salt and the wind for me to be bothered with.

But for all my laziness since becoming a pod-pilot, I made very little effort in making isk and was lucky enough not to lose ships enough to really need to worry about it. I ran a few missions for different groups like the Blood Raiders or Thukker Mix just to keep up appearances and to give me something to do in between combat ops. Getting rich doing that seemed more like a bi-product than a goal. And believe me, my goals were few and far-between...

So coming back on topic, I feel I've let my laziness become a major part of me lately. I've not got a target of ships I must destroy. I'm not even risking much when we go deep into wormhole space. In fact, I've been flying one ship in particular and it's helped me become even lazier than I've ever been before. Guardian teams are by far the laziest ship class when it comes to wormhole space. We do the job of armor repairing for other ships in our fleet and spend the rest of the time waiting for the sleepers to get bored of trying to break our 'tanking' and switch to another target. In fact, most of the time we are the targets! And this just makes our job easier as we nearly always keep one remote rep on each other and a horde of light maintenance bots. With these setups, Class 3 wormhole systems become so easy for two guardians and Class 4's become a walk in the park for 3 guardians.

But I'll tell you something. Although the risks are variable and uncertain at times, the rewards are phenomenal. At the rate I'm going, I'll have my Thanatos class carrier by next week and a tech 3 ship within a week or so after that. Hells! I don't think t2 production comes close to the isk generation wormhole space can get, although, I'm sure it's a hella lot safer.

Now, I've never been one to desire much. I collected enough ships in my time to take my fancy on what I fly. And even capital ships have never been high on my list - tho I'd love an Erebus, like what Jade has! But for the first time in ages, I so want a tech 3 ship. Jules, Julianus, Synenose's CEO has already got one, a proteus, and it looks gorgeous... if a little confusing. And Cristina Rawr, who I flew with in Exalted. got a Tengu not long after tech 3 production started. She's even given me her favourite fit for it and it looks weird but exotic.

So like, I'm getting my Thanatos next week. I haven't looked around on where to buy one, but I do know a few contacts of builders. I think my first option should be to speak with Eva. She's been good about building ships for friends and corpmates of mine in the past. I think we get on still, especially as she has so many of my friends and ex-corpmates in her ranks.

Oh. My. God. Speaking of Eva, she's obviously been cheering Davlos up! He's been happy and cheerful like I've never seen him since leaving Omerta Syndicate. He's been such a moody git over the last year or so, but now he grins excessively all the time. He has that "I'm in a secure relationship" vibe. It would piss me off were it not that I'm soft for Dav. He gets it in the neck for his moody Caldari angst by a lot of pilots from various alignments and dayjobs. But now he doesn't need to care as he's in a stable relationship with the CEO of his ex-corp and/or alliance. Goddess! Wonder who's more dominant in the bedroom? I should go chat with them and find out the goss sometime. I hear they hang around the Skyhook sometimes.

Anywho, just as a conclusion to this post-of-way-too-much-effort, I'll have you know that I'm currently in a Class 3 wormhole, Wolf-Rayet I might add, flying my guardian, "Power Struggle♥" and this goes to show how easy and lazy my job is at the moment.

If anyone reads this, drop in the comments on which tech 3 ship I should fly. I'm tempted by the Proteus, but Cristina has me intrigued by the Tengu...

No comments:

Post a Comment